Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Debut of World Cinema Paradise


Happy Holidays, my friends!

I am getting ready to leave town to spend the holidays with my family, but I wanted to drop a quick note about  an exciting new website, World Cinema Paradise.  The publisher and editor, Stuart Galbraith IV, promises to provide insightful and entertaining criticism and scholarship on a wide variety of film subjects.  I am pleased that Stuart has asked me to contribute essays and reviews to the site.  I will mostly write about comedy films, but I will occasionally venture out of my cozy niche.


My first essay will explore the history of daydreamers in comedy films.  I have written this article in conjunction with the Warner Home Video release of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (1947).  I am sure that most of you are familiar with the plot of the film.  A timid man copes with a haranguing mother, a haranguing boss and a haranguing fiancé by daydreaming that he is a heroic figure involved in daring exploits. 


I thank you all for your support of this blog in the last year.  You have my sincere good wishes for the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment