Saturday, January 18, 2014

Those Funny Brits


Let me make a confession.  I am a comedy Anglophile.  But, then, that is an obvious statement coming from a person who loves film comedy from the 1920s, which was a golden age for Anglo comedy.  After all, British blood flowed through the veins of Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, Laurel & Hardy, Lloyd Hamilton, and Lupino Lane.  Plain and simple, those Brits are darn funny.  I continue to be highly entertained by British comedians.  This is obvious statement coming from the person who wrote an enthusiastic review of Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa (2013) at World Cinema Paradise.  

I advise you to navigate through the site for other articles.  The site's publisher and editor, Stuart Galbraith IV, has been working hard to make the site, as its header say, "An Oasis of Cinema Scholarship and Reviewing."  I admire the man for his determination and vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment