Thursday, January 4, 2024

Tidbits of January 2024

Happy New Year!

Let me get right into the tidbits.

I have written many times before about film sets that provide a cutaway view of a home.  This is a new one that I have found.  It is from a 1914 Italian drama, Le acque miracolose (1914).


Alex Denney of BFI provided two more recent examples in a 2018 article.  

Paddington (2014)


Hereditary (2018)


The latest version of Midjourney still has problems with capturing the likeness of some famous people.  Or famous characters.


 I came across these Midjourney portraits of J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Oppenheimer by schapin


Oppenheimer by skello.official


The program certainly went askew with this image of the 1960s television Batman and Robin.  The image was created by maritopma. 


I tested to see if I could get an accurate image of Abbott and Costello meeting up with Alien's Xenomorph.  






This is a big fail.

I must say, though, that the new Midjourney did a much better job providing an image of The Creature from the Black Lagoon in a bathtub. 

Midjourney Version 5.2


Midjourney Version 6.0


I love these Midjourney images of silent film actresses.




These Midjourney posters for classic 1970s horror films are great.  This was created by milet72.


This is promotional art for an imaginary Alfred Hitchcock suspense thriller.



This is Midjourney art for the 1940s classic The Maltese Falcon.




Jim Lenahan asked Midjourney to visualize the lyrics to the Hollies' song "Bus Stop."  This was the result.


I asked Midjourney to reimagine the original Planet of the Apes film.  This is what I got.









I recently posted a video featuring Joe Dante's manic and destructive gremlins at the 1923 World Series.  It was my original idea to transplant the gremlins into the wonderful land of Oz.  I gave up on this idea pretty quickly.





I tried to create newspaper headlines to be included in my video, but I could not get exactly what I was after.   



I cannot post an installment of Tidbits without a dog mommy. . . 

The Age of Innocence (1993)




. . . or a fireplace camera view.

Daughters Courageous (1939)


I will close today with random images.




Kewpie Ross in Galloping Ghosts (1926)

William Powell and Kay Francis in One Way Passage (1932)

Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. in Only You (1994)



No comments:

Post a Comment