Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Tinkering with Classic Films on Midjourney

A Midjourney member, nixter67, had the idea for a film noir version of The Big Lebowski starring Marlon Brando, Paul Newman and Dustin Hoffman.  The results were not as good as they could have been, so I fooled around with the idea myself.  




I then simplified my request, simply asking Midjourney to show the original Dude in a film noir setting.  I like this better.  


And then we have marehori, who had the clever idea of giving tragic stories a happy ending.  In his new happy version of Titanic, enough lifeboats are available for every passenger to evacuate the sinking ship.  So, in the final scene, Jack calmly waits for rescue along with Rosa.  

John Coffey from The Green Mile (1999) serves his sentence and is released from prison.   

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) ends with McMurphy being released from the psychiatric hospital with his brain fully intact.  

At the end of Se7en (1995), Mills and Somerset open the mysterious package and see that it is filled with M & M candies.

I got to thinking about other films with tragic endings.  It would be great if Champ avoided serious injury in the climatic bout of The Champ (1931).  

I wouldn't have needed two packages of  tissues if Antonio got back his bicycle at the end of The Bicycle Thief (1948).  

I could have saved myself heartache if Old Yeller could have scared off the rabid wolf without a fight in Old Yeller (1957).  

Travis and Old Yeller should have been able to enjoy many more days together. 




I was inspired to contribute my own happy endings to marehori's series. 

Citizen Kane ends with Charles Foster Kane getting back his beloved sled Rosebud and joyfully riding it down a snowy hill.

Casablanca ends with Rick, Ilsa and Victor agreeing to a polyamorous relationship.

Norman Maine wears a flotation device as he walks into the ocean at the end of A Star is Born (1954).

Rosemary finds out that her baby is a little angel at the end of Rosemary's Baby (1968). 


No comments:

Post a Comment