Friday, December 11, 2015

I'm Just a Grandma's Boy


I loved spending time in the summer at my grandparents' home.  It was a peaceful place compared to my own home and my grandmother's food was always great.


My grandparents never had junk food in their home.  Dessert was an orange rather than a Twinkie.  But, once a week, my grandmother did treat herself to a richly creamy and sugary dessert.  After church on Sunday, she would go to Astoria Bakery and buy herself a sfogliatelle.  I am going to go out today to find myself a sfogliatelle.  This means that I am not going to be able to write much now.  Instead, I will leave you with film clips to watch.  In line with this week's man-child theme, these film clips feature adults acting like children. 

Have a nice day.

Roscoe Arbuckle, Mabel Normand, Mack Sennett in The Little Teacher (1915)


The Three Fatties in Back Fire (1926)


Monty Python's Flying Circus (1969)


Big Train (1998) 


Fred Astaire, Nanette Fabray and Jack Buchanan perform the "Triplets" number in The Band Wagon (1953).


No comments:

Post a Comment