Monday, July 3, 2023

Tidbits for July, 2023

Gloria Graham
I hope that everyone will have time for a little sunbathing this month.

I have a few items to show you today.  I hope that you enjoy them.

Fred Astaire argues with his mirror image in Carefree (1938).



Frank McHugh drunkenly argues with his mirror image in One Way Passage (1932).

We have yet another fireplace shot.

Emlyn Williams and Dolly Haas in Broken Blossoms (1936)

Unexpected pie comedy broke the tension in the murder mystery Highway 13 (1948).

Let us, for a moment, imagine Oliver Hardy as Charles Foster Kane.


As it turns out, ChatGPT is a bro.


At one time, a filmmaker could create great drama with The Big Phone.


Joan Crawford in Autumn Leaves (1956)

A great trio, William Powell, Myrna Loy and Spencer Tracy, in Libeled Lady (1936).




Meet a dapper burlesque straight man from the 1940s.




Perhaps, this funnyman would be a good partner for him.

I think that you are not a true comedian unless you are willing to wear a red polka-dotted  sports coat.

This is certainly a fashionable wedding party in Little Women (1933).

Even a modern CGI-heavy science fiction film can get a few thrills out of a pool of quicksand.  The film is 65 (2023).



I used Midjourney to concoct this quicksand scene.

This was probably the most controversial band of the 1970s.  The trio defined the term "hard-living."



Clifton Webb walks through the city on a snowy night in Laura (1944).





One day, Scott Adams was talking about the possibility of aliens visiting us from outer space.  I promptly went to Midjourney to create this image.  

Oddly, the Italian poster for April Fools (1969) includes a rejiggered image of Jack Lemmon from The Odd Couple (1968).  The depiction of an alluringly dressed Catherine Deneuve kneeling at Lemmon's feet is evidently something out of the artist's imagination.  Nothing like this happens in the film.  I cannot find any film in which Deneuve wore this type of skimpy, form-fitting evening gown. 


      

I came across this interesting image from Midjourney.  It is Harold Lloyd on the moon.  It was created by Cinedelic.


Cinedelic also came up with this equally surreal image of Lloyd running for a train.


Another Midjourney member, polaris22, wondered what it would be like if photorealistic portrait painter Mary Jane Ansell created a portrait of Lloyd.


An updated version of the Boris Karloff Frankenstein monster came from imagine fly.



Here are a few random images that I created on my Midjourney account.






In closing, I want to make the fans of my blog aware that my new book is being released on July 10.  This was something that I quickly put together for the cover designer.  Of course, she turned out something better.  I will post the finished book cover next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment